Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Designer Profile: Kimono Kollection by Hakeem Balogun

 Hakeem Balogun
Designer Profile
Kimono Kollection is not an inherited label or venture. It is a label cultivated to cater to the needs of the modern man. Whilst our structured tailoring adheres to the principles of and the immaculate tailoring of a bygone age, the brands appeal is to the diverse, multi lifestyle of the modern day gent. My particular passion for fashion was bred during my university years in the United Kingdom.



As a student, I schooled myself in the vision of the craftsmen at Saville Row as well as keeping a sharp eye on the edgy East London fashion scene. An eclectic combination of both disciplines meant I quickly became renowned for my own unique personal style. Being constantly called on to dress others, I found I was able to utilise my personal interest as a lover of the creative arts in the field of styling and my passion for drawing in the actual creation of new designs to be made for my growing client list. A hobby that allowed me to exercise some creative flair, quickly became a lucrative business venture.
Upon moving back to Nigeria in 2009, with 2 years experience styling and design training in London, I found the market in Lagos was lacking in well crafted, tailored and high-end design concepts for the forward thinking modern man. I quickly realised that the fashion scene lacked good and outstanding fit in traditional attires "natives" for Men.
A small business that started with the creation of a few tunics, suits, trousers,blazers and natives for my contemporaries quickly expanded to become the label of choice for the Lagos corporate businessman as well as the elegant dapper don.
Contact address: 74 Ladi Alakija Street. Lekki Phase1
Email : info@kimonokollection.com
Website: www.kimonokollection.com

No comments:

Post a Comment