Thursday, September 20, 2012

Solange Knowles by Ellen von Unwerth for Lurve Magazine

Solange Knowles by Ellen von Unwerth for Lurve Magazine. Styling by Lyna V Ahanda. Hair by David Wadlow. Make Up by Laure Dansou.

An excerpt:
On her sense of humor and fashion risksThat sense of humor is really just the key to keeping my sanity, not taking myself or others too seriously. I’m the first one to make fun of myself because, quite frankly, I do some dumb sh-t all of the time. I don’t get embarrassed too easily, either. That’s a trait that has served me well, and made a fool of me sometimes.
I mean, look at some of my fashion choices back in the day. You know how people say, ‘Who let her walk out of the house that way?” or “She needs more people!”… Oh believe me, I had the people, and they tried, but I resisted the arrest! Life is suppose to be about experimenting and going for it, especially in your twenties. So I have to just go for it, and laugh later.

  On growing up with less boundaries than BeyonceI think your parents set so much structure in the first child because it’s so new and fresh, and you are trying to do everything right, and by the second one you’re like, ‘Eh, they’ll be okay.”
In one way, I think that my parents’ leniency really allowed me the freedom and experiences to be a very independent thinker. In a lot of ways, I had the freedom to really explore the world. They trusted me and I really tried to hold value in that. That is, until I got pregnant. [laughs]

No comments:

Post a Comment