Friday, July 27, 2012

The Virgin Infringment War

RICHARD BRANSON's lawyers have contacted a new eco-friendly denim label called I Am Not A Virgin, claiming that the brand is infringing on Virgin's copyright. The New York-based brand, which was founded by Peter Heron three years ago, was on the verge of launching but now faces a cease and desist order.
"What the lawyers are saying is that if a consumer walks past a store window and sees I Am Not A Virgin jeans, they wouldn't be able to decipher between I Am Not A Virgin and Virgin," said Heron. "We don't believe this to be true."
However, Virgin "respectfully maintains its position that confusion and dilution are likely". The brand has suggested a few alternatives to Heron, such as I Am Not Chaste or I Am Not Pure.
"I guess I could rename my jeans Not Made By Richard Branson," Heron

No comments:

Post a Comment